The Jed Foundation Hosts 17th Annual Gala
Inspiring Event Celebrates Those Who Protect The Mental Health
of Our Nation’s Youth
NEW YORK, June 4, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — The Jed Foundation (JED), a leading non-profit foundation working to protect emotional health and prevent suicide for teens and young adults, will host their 17th Annual Gala tonight, Monday June 4th at Cipriani Wall Street.
Hosted by Emmy Award-winning producer, actor, writer, and comedian Larry Wilmore, the event will honor and celebrate organizations and individuals who use their voices, talents, and resources to prevent the devastating impact of emotional distress, mental illness, and suicide for our nation’s young people.
“Mental health continues to be a critical issue for young people today, but it is through organizations like JED and events like their Gala that we ensure that these issues are not hidden in our society,” said Wilmore. “I am proud to host this year’s JED Gala in support of people who are struggling with emotional health challenges and those who are working hard to help our nation’s youth lead healthy, successful lives.”
- Chirlane McCray, First Lady of New York City – JED’s Mental Health Visionary Award
- Jolene McCaw, Jolene McCaw Family Foundation –JED Voice of Mental Health Award
- The Orchard – JED Media Award for Leadership in Mental Health
- Morgan Stanley –JED Corporate Award for Leadership in Mental Health
- Max Rothman and Samuel Orley – JED Student Voice of Mental Health Award
- The event will also feature a musical performance by CMA Emerging Artist, Lockwood Barr.
“We are so grateful to everyone who will support this inspiring evening, including leaders from business, mental health, and the philanthropic communities. Incredible things happen when we work together to support mental health and prevent suicide for teenagers and young adults, and we are thankful for every one of our partners.” said John MacPhee, Executive Director/CEO, JED.