Please direct all media inquiries to email@example.com.
Covering Mental Health & Suicide
When sharing messages about mental health issues and suicide, it’s vital to do so in a safe and effective way. Media reporting on these issues can either encourage or discourage people from seeking help, and it can even influence suicide contagion. We encourage to you to download Reporting on Suicide’s Best Practices and Recommendations for Reporting on Suicide.
- JED’s Naming Convention: Please note that JED’s naming convention is to write “The Jed Foundation (JED)” (case sensitive) the first time the organization is referenced in a piece, and write “JED” (capitalizing J, E and D) for each subsequent mention.
- Reprint Guidelines: JED is pleased to grant access to original materials to organizations and professionals for the purpose of helping families, students and community members support the mental health and emotional well-being of teens and young adults. Our reprint policy can be found here.
- For frequently asked questions and answers about JED and our approach to young adult mental health and suicide prevention, see our FAQs document.
- View JED’s Testimonials for statements from some of our college, high-school, and industry partners that serve as powerful testaments to the impact of our work.
- View our JED Expert Bios document for information about our experts.