Support The Jed Foundation
When you fundraise for The Jed Foundation, you make a difference in the lives of our nation’s teens and young adults by supporting programs and campaigns that provide education and resources that protect emotional health and prevent suicide. QUICK START your fundraiser here.
Choose Your Own Way to Support JED
Social Media Fundraising (Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok)
Host a DIY Fundraiser
When you fundraise for The Jed Foundation, you make a difference in the lives of our nation’s teens and young adults by supporting programs and campaigns that provide education and resources that protect emotional health and prevent suicide.
By creating your own fundraising campaign you help raise awareness and funds for JED’s impactful programs. From holding a wellness event to a virtual or live concert, there are tons of types of events that you can host. The possibilities are endless!
How it works:
- Refer to our guides and toolkits to help you get started.
- Register your fundraiser on The Jed Foundation website.
- Spread the word! Share it on social media, with family and friends, teachers and mentors, anyone you know.
- Host your event.
- Feel good about the difference you made!
Create a Social Media Fundraiser
Fundraising on Facebook
Facebook makes it easy to share the causes you care about and encourage your friends to join you with their support. On Facebook, you’ll be able to engage with your friends and you’ll get a custom donate page. The average Facebook user has nearly 400 friends. If just 10% of your online friends made a $5 donation, that would help us provide online mental health resources for 20 teens or young adults.
Fundraising on Instagram
You can fundraise on Instagram in several different ways:
- Create an online fundraiser through The Jed Foundation website and link it in your Instagram bio.
- Link to The Jed Foundation’s donation page on your Instagram bio.
- Add a donate button and link to your Instagram story posts.
Fundraising on TikTok
There are a few ways to fundraise through TikTok:
- You can add Donation Stickers to your TikTok profile, to make it even easier for people to donate to the causes that matter the most to you!
- Update to the latest version of TikTok.
- Create / Post / Go LIVE and add a Donation Sticker.
- Choose from one of the available organizations (see below!).
- Place the sticker on the video.
- Add your caption and post (or… remain live!).
- Talk about The Jed Foundation and encouraging people to visit the general JED donation page
When streaming through Twitch, you can set up an online fundraiser for The Jed Foundation to integrate directly with your Twitch stream via Tiltify. Click here to get started!
Here’s how you can get started on Tiltify:
- Click here to create or sign into your Tiltify account.
- You can become a partner of The Jed Foundation on Tiltify when you select the “Start Fundraising” button on that page.
- Select “Create a new campaign” from your list of options. Either choose an event already happening, or choose to just support the charity The Jed Foundation.
- Register as an individual or register to support a team. Then enter the requested information to get your campaign started (date, goal, description, etc.).
- A note about registering as an Individual: If you create your campaign as an individual but later decide to support a team, you can join a team unless you have already begun fundraising. If you’ve already begun fundraising, you have to contact Tiltify support.
- Then publish! Finally, you’ll find links in your campaign’s dashboard on Tiltify that allow you to copy your campaign URL to share on social media, or you can copy your donate URL to put the donate button onto your Twitch page.
Fundraising on YouTube is another simple and fun way to fundraise through a live stream event. You can add a donate button directly to your video and live streams on YouTube to benefit The Jed Foundation.
Here’s how to get started on setting up a fundraiser for JED on YouTube:
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Monetization, then Giving (*note: you must have 1,000 subscribers, 4,000 public watch hours, a 2 step verification, and no active strikes regarding community guidelines in order to be eligible to monetize YouTube)
- Click Get started and then Create a fundraiser.
- Select the available 501(c)(3) US nonprofit that you would like to support. If the 501(c)(3) nonprofit you’d like to support isn’t listed, select Request a nonprofit.
- Follow the instructions to add details to the fundraiser, like title, description, and collaborators. We also suggest setting a fundraiser goal and duration. You can change it at any time.
- Add videos and/or scheduled live streams that will feature the donate button.
- Select PUBLISH.