Collection and Use of Information
JED collects and uses personal information such as: name, address, telephone number, email address, birth date, and other demographic information when a donor voluntarily provides it to us. This information is kept on file for IRS purposes to acknowledge your donation and is also used in our development and communication activities.
We may also use third-party sources to collect additional information about donors. On occasion, we use third party service providers to process donations for initiatives benefiting JED. We may also verify your personal information with third parties in the course of processing a gift, event registration, or other related donor activity. Name and address information may be used when JED periodically exchanges names and mailing addresses of our donors with other carefully selected organizations in order to build our base of support.
Mandatory Disclosure of Personal Information and Data We May Collect
We may disclose such information and data if we believe that it is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation including per a valid request by law enforcement or government authority or court order,
- To protect and defend our rights or property,
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with this Website,
- To protect the personal safety of users of this Website or the public, or
- To protect against legal liability.
If the Foundation reorganizes or transfers its business, it may transfer any data or information it has collected to the reorganized Foundation.
The Jed Foundation
530 7th Avenue, Suite 801 firstname.lastname@example.org (212) 647-7544
New York, NY 10018