Our 2022 college recipient Joseph Sexton (left) and high school recipient Crystal Widado (right) accepting the Student Voice of Mental Health Awards at our annual gala.
The Jed Foundation (JED) Student Voice of Mental Health Awards honor one undergraduate college student and one high school student doing outstanding work to raise awareness of mental health issues, reduce stigma, encourage their peers to reach out for help and support, and create a community of care on their campus in which mental health is valued and included as part of the conversation.
Award winners receive:
- A $3,000 cash scholarship
- A trip to New York City to receive the award at our annual gala on June 7, 2023 (COVID-19 regulations allowing)
- Recognition on JED’s website and social media platforms
- Ongoing opportunities to represent and work with JED
Applications for 2023’s Student Voice of Mental Health Awards program are now closed. The application period for the SVMHA program was conducted from January 31 to 5 p.m. EST on March 1, 2023.
If you missed this year’s application deadline for the Student Voice of Mental Health Awards, consider other ways to engage with JED:
- Sign up for messaging about mental health by subscribing to JED emails
- Explore JED’s Student Engagement page
Learn about our 2022 winners, Crystal Widado and Joseph Sexton.
Have a question we didn’t answer here?
Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you.