Welcome members of Kappa Kappa Gamma to The Jed Foundation (JED) Family. Your membership voiced the need for more support for mental health and well-being and thus have embarked on this new philanthropic journey. We are excited to partner with you on education and advocacy efforts, raising awareness, normalizing talking about mental health and well-being, and providing fundraising and service opportunities for your members and alumnae. Together, we can inspire positive change by protecting the emotional health and preventing suicide for teens and young adults.
Below are resources to help you talk about JED, volunteer with us, and fundraise for our organization.
If you have any questions for us, please feel welcome to contact Dr. Thea Zunick, Manager of Community Engagement. She serves as the main liaison between Kappa Kappa Gamma and JED.
- JED Overview 1-pager
- JED Branding Guidelines
- Student Engagement
How Can I Help?
- Chapters can host a screening event.
- Chapters can launch a “Seize The Awkward” mental health campaign on campus. Here are some ideas on how you can activate a social campaign on campus.
- Chapters can host a “Seize The Awkward” mental health campaign at their local high school, a special partnership between The Jed Foundation and Kappa Kappa Gamma (Coming Spring 2022)
- Individual collegians and alumnae can sign up as general JED volunteers.
Help The Jed Foundation reach more youth by donating now:
Additional JED Resources
- Start your school’s JED Campus journey
- Mental Health Resource Center
- Love is Louder campaign
- JED partners
- JED on Charity Navigator
If you or someone you know is struggling emotionally or having a hard time coping during this time of uncertainty, it’s important to reach out for support. Text START to 741-741 or call 1-800-273-TALK (2355) for a free, confidential chat with a trained counselor 24/7.