JED High School delivered by Forefront Suicide Prevention
Be a leader in supporting student mental health and preventing suicide across Washington state.
JED High School delivered by Forefront Suicide Prevention is a first-of-its-kind partnership to provide mental health resources and programming to high schools in Washington state. The Jed Foundation (JED) and Forefront Suicide Prevention, a center of excellence at the University of Washington School of Social Work, are working together to train Forefront staff to implement JED High School’s comprehensive approach to a select number of schools across Washington state. Learn more about The Jed Foundation’s Comprehensive Approach.
For more information on JED High School delivered by Forefront Suicide Prevention, please complete the form below:
Our Collaboration Offers
- Each school creates a steering committee to work on the JED High School program.
- Each school completes three initial surveys and assessments:
- JED High School Self-Assessment, which evaluates school policies, programs, and systems that promote student mental health
- JED High School Student Survey, which assesses student attitudes, awareness, and behaviors related to mental health
- Staff and Faculty Assessment
- Your school receives a comprehensive feedback report with recommendations for enhancement based on the data collected from the surveys and assessments.
- Your school is assigned a School Mental Health Specialist (SMHS) who provides customized support and technical assistance throughout the 36-month program.
- Each school completes a second administration of the JED High School Self-Assessment, JED High School Student Survey, and the Staff and Faculty Assessment.
- Your school receives a detailed summary report with pre- and post-data analysis after the second administration of the assessments, highlighting the impact of system changes on student outcomes.
- Each school participates in the JED High School Learning Community with other JED High Schools, consisting of webinars, monthly newsletters, and other learning opportunities.
- Your school has access to a comprehensive online resource library with sample policies, programs, educational campaigns, research, and professional journal articles.
Are you a Washington state high school interested in collaborating with JED High School delivered by Forefront? Complete the form above.
About Forefront Suicide Prevention Forefront Suicide Prevention Center is a Center of Excellence at the University of Washington. Our mission is to help people take action to prevent suicide in their communities. We focus on innovative, evidence-based programming, advocacy and research to reduce suicide in Washington state, particularly among high-risk groups such as veterans and youth.
About The Jed Foundation JED is a nonprofit that protects emotional health and prevents suicide for our nation’s teens and young adults. We’re partnering with high schools and colleges to strengthen their mental health, substance misuse, and suicide prevention programs and systems. We’re equipping teens and young adults with the skills and knowledge to help themselves and each other. We’re encouraging community awareness, understanding, and action for young adult mental health.